Friday, November 21, 2014

SEI: Howling Good Time


Hello! Today I have my first post up over at the SEI Lifestyles blog (yay!) I've created a page using one of my favorite photos of my son, Oskar with our dog, Elsie using the super cute Furry Friends collection. I love everything about it, especially the muted backgrounds, and the build your own 'furry friend' elements.


Howling Good Time

Supplies:
Furry Friends ( River Wash, Swizzle Stick, Furry Friends, Branches); Fall Bouquet (Sundries); Chalet (Sundries); Summer (Paper Doilies)


For my layout, I used kind of a layered grid design...which is something I do often. I started by matting my photo, choosing a journaling card, and cutting a 4x6 piece of patterned paper.


I picked out a coordinating Summer Doily, and arranged them all together on an 8.5x11 piece of background paper. I chose some embellishments, and threw in some elements from the Fall Bouquet and Chalet Sundries. I finished my layout by adding the 'Howling Good Time' sticker for my title, and stitching some striped patterned paper along the top and bottom edges.


Thanks for stopping by!




Pin It!

1 comment:

Lori A. Geise said...

Wow. What great ideas. I can't wait to try them.