Saturday, January 25, 2014

Bella Blvd: Free 4 All

It was free-for-all projects over at the Bella Blvd Studio Blog yesterday. I'm dreaming of warmer weather, so I chose to create with Sand & Surf...

Oval Beach

I love to use layers. It's a fun way to incorporate a lot of different patterns without making your project look too busy. It's also a great way to get themed journaling cards or embellishments to fit the theme of your page. Here, the black an white journaling card was about traveling...and we weren't really on a vacation, it was just a day at the beach. So, I flipped the card upside down, and tucked it behind the photo. This way I could still benefit from the lines for my journaling.


Supplies:
Sand & Surf: Paradise, Surfs Up, GPS, Borders, Cute Cuts, Alpha+Bits, Just Write Journaling Stickers, Chipboard Icons; Designer Tape: Yellow Chevron


Every year I try to get a photo of all 5 of my kids at Lake Michigan. Most years, I come away with pictures...but they leave a lot to be desired :P  Someone's got an attitude, not everyone is looking at the camera, or it just happens to be an overcast day. This time I was lucky enough to have my 15 yr old nephew behind me, who apparently ...is hilarious :)


Head on over to Bella Blvd to see what the other girls created, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for looking!


Pin It!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Awesome Kelly! So fun and bright and summery. I like how you used the color and the black/white photo.