Friday, September 3, 2010

Tropical flower tutorial

I love tropical flowers, and instead of going bankrupt buying all kinds of embellishments, I found a way to make my own, here is a layout with an example:
It was pretty easy, let me show you how I did it. Please excuse the last three pictures, the battery in my good camera died half way through this process :) Anyway, here is what I started out with: 5 punched out labels, 2 small circles, and a die cut swirl.
I started by cutting the part of the swirl that I wanted to use for my center. Next, I cut the labels into kind of a heart shape, and then cut a very loopy heart out of their centers.
I taped all of the 'petal' ends together, and adhered a yellow circle on the top, and one on the bottom. Next, I taped the in the center.
I arranged the flower with a couple of leaves from Prima, and a tag. Here is the final result:
It came together pretty quick, I hope you can give it a try. Thanks for checking it out!
Pin It!

No comments: