Saturday, June 27, 2015

Bible Journaling: 2 Corinthians 5:17


I have been looking for a journaling Bible for the past few months, and had a hard time finding what I wanted. I was looking for a KJV with wide margins, and no lines, but the only one I was able to find was $85 dollars. This past week someone had posted a link in a group on Facebook to the exact Bible that I was looking for, and it was only $45! (Find it HERE) So, I quickly ordered it, and it came two days later. I LOVE it...it is so beautiful, and fit my qualifications exactly! I have been taking some notes in a notebook to get ready for when I finally purchased a Bible, so I couldn't wait to get started.


Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor. 5:17

I had heard this verse quoted at the end of a song I was listening to, and I knew it was to be my very first entry :)  The song itself was about being brand new, and the phrase "all things new" just kind of stuck with me. I started by underlining my verse with a Zig pen...these pens are great for Bible journaling because they do not bleed. I currently only have black, but am looking to get some colored pens soon (I hope). I stuck some designer tape along the side, and added my phrase of choice in assorted letter stickers.
Being in Christ means putting away the old course of living, relinquishing all external things, and embracing the indwelling presence of Jesus. He gives us a new heart, new spirit...and in them new life and joy....new eyes to see,  new ears to hear, new feet to walk, new hands to work, a new name, and a new song. He makes ALL THINGS NEW. 

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20



Pin It!

No comments: