Sunday, January 20, 2013

Retro Sketches #47, Dynamic Duos # 37, Inkspirational Challenges #4


This week's sketch from Retro Sketches:


Plus these colors from Dynamic Duos:


...and this challenge from Inkspirational Challenges:


I didn't do a full CASE of this card, but I was inspired by the strip being a 'negative' element, and so that is what I incorporated into my card...


Equals this card from me:

Super dark/overcast day today, so.... not very great photographs.


I love it when I'm browsing challenges, and some of them just seem to fit together perfectly.  I don't really have to do any thinking...it just all falls together.  I do admit, that I don't always love the results, but at least I didn't waste a whole lot of time on it...ya know?  There's nothing worse than spending a ridiculous amount of time on a project, and hating the outcome.
Anyway...

Supply List:

Cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Whisper White, Basic Black)
Patterned Paper - Stampin' Up (6x6 Designer Series Paper - Ruby Red)
Stamps - Stampin' Up! (Fabulous Florals); Heidi Swapp ( i love you)
Ink - Stampin' Up! (Riding Hood Red, Basic Black)
Punches - Stampin' Up! (Curly Label, 1/2 inch hole, border,corner)
Rhinestones - Stampin' Up!
Button - Making Memories
Ribbon - Stampin' Up!
Embroidery Floss - unknown


Thanks for looking!


Pin It!

13 comments:

Martha Herrera said...

Love your card, Kelly! Fabulous Florets is one of my favorite stamp sets!

Vicky Hayes said...

Really stunning Kelly. I love the clean card stock against the DP background and the negative strip is fabulous.

sandie said...

Kelly, this is stunning! I love the mix of bold stamping and outlined and the cute ribbon and button combo. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Ruth M said...

This is fabulous Kelly, love that white panel against the patterned paper, you've added lovely details too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inkspirational & I hope you join us again soon! Ruth x

Jenny Engelke said...

Wow? Great incorporation of all the challenges! I really like the way you used the negative space and you choice of flowers! Fabulous!!! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you at Inkspirational Kelly! Great take on the CASE. I really like your bow/button/bow detail.
- Shauna

Mynn xx said...

Kelly, this is AMAZING!!! LOVE the color scheme and I adore that bow! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :) I can’t wait to see what you make for us next week! If you have some time, I'd love to see what you would make of our challenge at Technique Tuesday as well! :)

Katie Skiff said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, love that you cut out the mid section!!

Lisbeth K said...

WOOOOW!!! I love this card!!I'm quite out of words here now, this is just amazing, beautiful and fabolous! Thank you for joining us this week over at Inkspirational, hope you join us again soon :)

Unknown said...

What a stunning card. The colors are gorgeous but I love those bold flowers! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

Caggy said...

Love your composition. Gonna have to try that negative strip technique!

Amy White said...

Such a unique card - love how you've used the layout with the flowers! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

Bobbie said...

So pretty! Those flowers are fabulous on that white canvas with that DSP behind it. Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.