Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Color Combos Galore #238 - Orange Crush



Just in time for some semi-spring type of weather, here is week one of the April challenges over at  Color Combos Galore:


Very spring-y...right?
I just made a card this week, but if I have time, I might just sit down and make a layout with these colors, too.  I love 'em :)

Friend
Supply List:
Stampin' Up! - Cardstock (Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Basic Grey); Stamps (Fabulous Florets), Ink (Pumpkin Pie, Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal); Rub-on; Chalk; Linen Thread; Embossing Folder (Perfect Polka Dot); Die (leaves); Rhinestones
Spellbinders - Embossing Die (Fancy Tags 3)
American Crafts/Dear Lizzy [Neapolitan] - Patterned Paper
other - burlap

I chose Inspiration Photo #1: Focus on Trend - Chalkboards; Additional inspiration came from photo #2 - I used a polka dot embossing folder on the background, and striped patterned paper...both inspired by the straws; photo #3 - a bouquet of flowers for my focal point, isn't that bouquet in the story board beautiful?; and photo #4 - I layered the flowers, inspired by the charms.
For my 'chalkboard' element, I die cut a label out of Basic Grey cardstock.  I then smeared some white chalk around the center, and used a white 'friend' rub-on for the sentiment.

The deadline for all of April's challenges is April 28th...be sure to play along, there's plenty of time for this one :)


Thanks for looking!


Pin It!

3 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Kelly! LOVE that bit of burlap, and the chalkboard sentiment is delish!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi Kelly, what a fabulous card. Love the beautiful layers of flower. ^_^

Cathy said...

Love the card Kelly! I love that you added burlap and I especially love the fabulous frame die cut! Beautiful work as always!