Friday, March 8, 2013

Color Combos Galore #235 - Sweet Indulgence


Another amazing Inspiration Board from Color Combos Galore this week...


I just made a card for this week's colors...

Happy Birthday:

Ugh...my green is off.  Every week I get at least one color wrong.  The problem is the colors always look different...it can depend on the lighting, or even which screen I'm looking at (phone, or computer).  But, I always see it when there right together like this.

I chose Inspiration Photo #1, and embossed my background. For further inspiration, the shape of my focal point was inspired by the tags in photo #3.

I used Cajun Craze cardstock for the copper color, but I inked it up with Close to Cocoa to make it darker, and match up better.  Again with the stamp...I colored the flower with Close to Cocoa first, then I went over it with Really Rust.

Supply List:
Stampin' Up! - Cardstock (Blush Blossom, Whisper White, Cajun Craze); Slot Punch; Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder; Ink (Cajun Craze, Close to Cocoa; Mint Melody, Basic Grey); Stamp (Birthdays Count, Happy Harmony); Organdy Ribbon (Very Vanilla
Crate Paper - Patterned Paper (Portrait Collection)
Ek Success - Border Punch
Spellbinders - label Die
Other - pin, beads, button, fiber

You have until the end of the month to play along....that's so much time, so be sure to squeeze it in :)


Thanks for looking!


Pin It!

2 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Kelly, this is such a fabulous card! Love the beautiful embossed background and great stamping of flowers. Great design! Have a wonderful weekend... ^_^

Jinny Newlin said...

I think the green looks perfect, Kelly! Such a beautiful card! Sometimes, it's difficult to get it just right. I meant the DT board said rusty orange, but the final board said copper. Gosh, that would've totally changed my design this week. Oh, well. Have a great weekend!