Friday, April 20, 2012

Color Combos Galore #227!


We're working with mesh over at Color Combos Galore this week:



The designer's challenge is to create a project focusing on using mesh or netting type material.


There are lots of ways to achieve this.  I was actually going to use a stamp, but we're remodeling our bathroom....so I happened to have some grey cement board 'Fibatape' as it said on the package.
I didn't do anything real creative with it.  I thought it made a really nice frame.


The only thing that I had in the right purple shade was ink and a journaling pen. So, I stamped some flowers, and doodled some borders.


For the bonus challenge I use ghost shapes to mimic the transparency of the jar in the inspiration photo.

Supply List:

patterned paper - We are MemoryKeepers (blue); Stampin' Up! (white/grey)
cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Whisper White)
ink - Stampin' up! (Pale Plum ink pad and journaler, Going Grey journaler)
stamps - Stampin' Up! (Office Accoutrement )
heart transparencies - Heidi Swapp
letters - American Crafts
punches - Stampin' Up! (1 inch circle, 1/4 inch hole)
twine - Stampin' Up!
button - Unknown
other - cement board Fibatape, staples


Thanks for looking!



Pin It!

5 comments:

MaineOkie said...

beautiful! i'm going to have to try the inspiration cards when i'm done with my current project it looks like it will be a lot of fun!

Kay F said...

How pretty! Great way to incorporate mesh into your page. I really like how your photos match the rest of the page. Or maybe it's vice versa...point is it all comes together perfectly! Fabulous work!

scrapsylz said...

lovely take! I love the use of the ghost shapes, simply beautiful!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Lovely page again, Kelly. Yepp, that lavender was tricky...
Love what yo did with that boring 'Fibatap'. You brought it to life :-)

FiKenward said...

Lovely page Kelly, love the use of the stamps and great page design and the mesh looks great.