Thursday, March 27, 2014

Imaginisce, Case Study #184, and Hebrews 11:6


I have some birthday cards to make, and decided to link up with Case Study...I fell in love with this card by their March Muse, Noni Nina Andaya, isn't it lovely?


Here is my take on it...

There's Only One You

Supply List:
Imaginisce: My Baby (Girl), Welcome Spring, i-Rock tool and gems
American Crafts: Baker's Twine
Stampin' Up!: Dies (leaves, apothecary label), stamp (Vintage Verses), ink (Basic Black)
Cuttlebug: embossing folder (Cane Back Chair)


Clearly, I was inspired by the pink leaves...but instead of the stitching, I decided to use one of my apothecary die labels. I have had them for a few months now, and haven't even touched them yet! I also added a few gems to the leaves that I cut from vellum. It was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest awhile back, which I think I also pinned.

Now, I don't claim to be a Bible scholar by any means..but recently I was reading Hebrews 11, and I was in tears by the time I finished. So much Faith! But verse 6 really stayed with me...

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

I think that I like it so much because it was key for me. We can not come to Him, and be accepted if we doubt His existence.  Not just His existence, but in who He is, and what He did for us...and it's equally important that we believe He hears and will answer our prayers. That's it, I don't have any long devotion or anything...I just want to encourage you to read the whole chapter if it's been awhile :)

Thanks for stopping by!


Pin It!

5 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a pretty card! Love it and I do love that verse too!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Very lovely, wonderful take on the sketch!

Maureen Merritt said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love the embossed panel!!! Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study this week!

paperANDi - Stephanie said...

So elegant, Kelly- love it!

Jeanne J said...

You added so much texture and elegance with the embossed background! Stunning!