Thursday, January 3, 2013

CASE Study #122, CR84FN #69, and Papertake Weekly



If you're looking for the MemoryWorks Design Team Intro Blog Hop, you can find that post here.


Two weeks off from school means a little more time for me creatively. I know that's probably the opposite of what most people say, but seeing as I homeschool....this is what's true for me :) Sometimes it's nice to forget about things that need to be done around the house, and sit down to make something beautiful.  I knew right away it wouldn't take me long to make a card after seeing the current challenge from the CASE Study Blog, and things just fell together after finding the perfect colors from CR84FN. So, let's get on with it......


This week's inspiration from the December muse, Windy Robinson, from over at CASE Study:




Plus these colors from CR84FN:




Plus the Anything Goes challenge going on over at Papertake Weekly Challenges....


Equals this card from me:


I've had these flowers from Prima for awhile.  I bought 3 different varieties, because I just HAD to have them when they came out, then I never used them for anything. Soon after I bought them I figured out that I'm just not a Shabby Chic kinda girl. But, I busted them out for this card, and layered a whole lot of them together (gotta use 'em up!). 


I think I just might make several of these cards with different colored flowers, and a variety of sentiments...it seems to be a good way to diminish my flower stash :)  Anyhow....

Supply List:

Cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Whisper White)
Patterned Paper - Lily Bee Design (Allspice)
Flowers - Prima (Baby Girl)
Leaves - Prima (Artful Leaves)
Rhinestones - Stampin' Up!
Stamp - Stampin' Up! (Whimsical Words)
Corner Punch - Stampin' Up! (Ticket Corner)
Ribbon - JoAnn's Fabrics
Twine - Bloomerie (Etsy Shop)
Buttons - unknown




Thanks for looking!


Pin It!

14 comments:

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Just stunning! Love the placement of the flowers! And such a pretty bow! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!!!

Helen said...

Kelly I love what you did with those pretty flowers. The whole card is just beautifully put together. I love how you used the colours on this. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at CR84FN this week.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Kelly! Love the beautiful blossoms and dew drops sprinkled about! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Mynnette said...

Just beautiful--and just the right amount of sparkle and bling! LOVE the floral embellishments!!! I hope you have a chance to come and join us this week at Inkspirational and this month at Technique Tuesday! We've got prizes, a giveaway, and a DT call!!! :)

Lynn said...

Love this card! I have lots of those flowers too, lol. Thanks for the inspiration!

Maureen said...

this is just gorgeous! I love the flowers, ribbon and colours you used...yes, make more! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous combination of challenges!! I really like the layered flowers and sprinkle of gems. Fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, I love those layered flowers and touch of sparkle!

Sue Lelli said...

Kelly, I really LOVE the scattered gems and your BEAUTIFUL flowers! Such a PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Vickie Z said...

Those flowers look wonderful together!! Love the LO and bling!! Glad you joined us at CR84FN!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, those flowers are gorgeous, Kelly! Their bold color looks fabulous against the neutral background! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Kristen said...

I love the larger than life flowers, I think we kind of had the same thoughts for our card! I say go big or go home lol!

xo, Kristina
visiting from CASE study challenge
Hope you can stop by to say hello :)
www.pearlgateway.com

Shannon White said...

Wowie!! Soo Pretty PRetty Kelly!! LOVE the Wonderful blossoms and touches of bling too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Lisa H. said...

soooo, so pretty! those flowers are really striking. thanks for playing with us CR84FN!